Handsome Fellows

Men's bicycles can be just as lovely as ladies'. Here is evidence!

An elegant transport bike in an ivy-covered courtyard. I love double top bars on a man's bicycle.

I see these Falter bicycles sometimes and don't know what to make of them. The frames resemble beach cruisers. But unlike beach cruisers, these bikes are enormous and are fitted with all sorts of practical components. I think of them as transport bike / beach cruiser hybrids. Either way, they are handsome indeed.

Even a relatively plain bicycle can be made lovely via stylish presentation. The slate gray frame on this mountain bike goes perfectly with the distressed, soft brown leather satchel secured to the rack off-kilter with a black rubber band. Very masculine and very lovely.

And of course there is this bronze-painted bicycle, parked against a bronze-painted wall. I call this "minimalist bling".

Comments

  1. I may be biased, but I like to think The Old Gentleman is a rather handsome fellow, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the fourth gold bike I've seen. Pretty amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doohickie, The Old Gentleman is indeed attractive! Is that a Raleigh Roadster?

    Christa, I've seen a few so far -- and interestingly they were all men's bikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Christa. It's a Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, which is an English roadster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! My husband just picked up a Raleigh Roadster to go with my Lady's Sports. I am guessing his is from the early 60's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I've seen only men's gold bikes. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment